Friday 4 September 2015

New Dashcam

I've been using a G1W-C dashcam for a little while and it has performed well but with a few issues. These include the times when it doesn't record anything, the gaps between clips (which is always when the action happens) and the lack of a SOS/Save button to save the current recording.



Video quality has been great day and night and even help get a dangerous driver off the road:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrWmOcJ9lkc

Looking at a camera for the other car I came across the Dome G30B from Gearbest. Now the Dome range of cameras seems to be getting good reviews and this model comes with a rear view camera. The car this camera is destined for doesn't have the best rear vision so this camera will hopefully help out on that front.

Here's a side by side comparison of the 2 cameras in dull daylight. I think both cameras provide decent quality video, the G1W-C looks clearer but I prefer the colours of the Dome unit.

This is the second attempt at getting a side by side video. With the first attempt the Dome camera didn't record anything. Even on this attempt it only recorded half the journey. I'll have to figure out if this is a problem with the camera, the memory card or me not reading the instructions.

Once I've used the Dome G30B for a while I'll do a full review but here's a quick comparison:

https://youtu.be/5mqkbE9QUDc

If you want to buy a Dome G30B click on the link below:

http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_72220.html?vip=48040

No comments:

Post a Comment